Karnataka Government has launched Gruha Jyoti Scheme in 2023.This scheme has been launched in order to provide free electricity to the people of Karnataka. Hello friends, if you wants to know about Gruha Jyothi scheme, what it is all about, what is it’s benefits and much about Gruha Jyothi scheme then you are at right place. To apply for the scheme you should visit https://sevasindhugs.karnataka.gov.in official website.
What is the Gruha Jyothi scheme?
The Gruha Jyothi scheme is the welfare scheme started by the government of Karnataka to provide free electricity up to 200 units per month to every residential household in the state and thus supporting them to tackle financial barriers.
|Name of Scheme
|Gruha Jyothi Yojana 2023
|For residents of Karnataka only
What is the Aim of this scheme?
The scheme aims to reduce the burden of electricity bills on financially weak people in the state thus improving their livelihood
This scheme aims to provide affordable and accessible electricity to households across Karnataka, especially for those who are living in the rural areas.
Government also aims to improve education and healthcare sectors through the scheme because electricity can be used to power lights and fans in schools and hospitals, which can create a more comfortable and suitable environment for students and patients.
The Gruha Jyothi scheme promotes awareness about energy conservation and the use of renewable energy sources to minimize the loss as well as it will also help the environment.
What are the benefits of the Gruha Jyothi Scheme?
Following are the some of the benefits of the gruha jyothi scheme
- It will help the financially weak people to save money on their electricity bills and reduce their financial burden.
- People can use more gadgets and appliances with free electricity like heaters, electrical gas etc
( But People must use electricity within 200 units because they have to pay for any consumption above 200 units)
- It will help students who are studying in schools and colleges because, this scheme provides electricity that can be used in schools/colleges for running fans, bulbs etc
- It will improve the livelihood of the people of Karnataka state.
What are the eligibility criteria to apply for the Gruha Jyothi scheme?
- You must be a citizen of Karnataka if you want to get benefit of this scheme.
- You should have a valid electricity connection with your name.
- You should consume less than 200 units of electricity per month.
- Your annual household income must be less than Rs. 1 lakh. This is because financially strong and independent people can easily manage to pay electricity bills.
These were the criteria’s if you fulfills each of them then congratulations you can apply to for the scheme.
How to apply for the gruha jyothi scheme?
following are the steps through which you can apply for the scheme
- Visit the official website of the Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Scheme
- Click on the Registration tab given in the website and fill in the required details such as your name, address, Aadhaar number, pan card number,electricity connection number, etc.
- Upload the necessary documents such as your income certificate, electricity bill, ration card, etc.
(Income certificate is needed because no one with more than 1 lakh income is allowed for the scheme)
- Now after filling necessities submit the application form
- Now You will receive an SMS confirmation and a registration number after successful submission of the form.
- The authorities will verify your application and eligibility and approve or reject it accordingly.It takes 3 days to 14 days.
If authorities approve your request then congratulations, now can take benefits of the scheme
Can we apply for the Gruha Jyoti Scheme after shifting house?
Yes even If you’ve moved to a new house you can still apply for the gruha jyothi scheme and can get electricity in free
Since there is no record of last year’s electricity use in your new home, the government assumes an average usage of 60 units.
Is it possible to apply for the Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Scheme offline?
Yes it is possible to apply for the scheme in offline mode also, if anyone has issues like internet connection, device issue or more, they can apply offline by Bangalore One and karnataka One centers.
Gruha Jyothi Scheme helpline number
If you need any support regarding the scheme then you can call the 24×7 helpline number 1912 or any of these numbers:
How many People have benefited with the scheme till date?
As per the Karnataka government till now more than 90 percent peoples have been benefited with the gruha jyothi scheme as they say that 90% of users only consume less than 100 units of electricity.
- Tamil Sexy Video
- Kapil Sharma Show Ticket Price, Booking Fees, Price
- Gruha Jyothi Scheme Karnataka, Apply online
- Adarana 2 Scheme: Last Date, Apply Online & Status Check
- Labour Card Yojana, Benefits, download link
What if someone crosses 200 units per month ?
The Karnataka government has increased electricity charges for above 200 units users by 100%. So if your electricity consumption is more than 200 units you will come under heavy usage and you have to pay accordingly!
Frequently Asked Questions?
No, you cannot apply for the gruha jyothi scheme if your income exceeds more than 1 lakh because as per scheme only people below 1 lakh are allowed to apply for the Scheme.
Aadhar card, electricity bill, income certificate/proof, Pan card are the documents required to apply for the scheme.
Yes, you can still avail for the scheme but you have to provide a residential certificate of the state Karnataka.
The Gruha Jyothi Scheme is a big step by the government of Karnataka which helps financially weak people by giving them free electricity thus contributing to the financial support and other services.
The scheme has helped people in the sectors like education, healthcare, etc by supplying electricity.
So, this was all about the gruha jyothi scheme. I hope you like this post and if you are a citizen of Karnataka don’t forget to apply for the scheme and share this article to your relatives and friends so they also get to know about the scheme.
Thanks for reading!